EDUCATION, PERFORMANCE and ENTERTAINMENT
August 2016: UPDATE, PLEASE READ!
I've worked in hundreds of schools and heritage sites since 1993 when I began my freelance career.
In 2014 I made many changes, mainly to concentrate on my storytelling work, also to travel less intensively.
So while I'm not currently taking new history workshop bookings in schools in the form this website describes, I very much am taking on new storytelling work.
Music plays a big role in my storytelling sessions.
Please see taleteller.co.uk
This Autumn I plan to re-write this site; it will describe better the historical and traditional music work I offer now. Elizabeth York & I are still working as a duo for events and functions, too. There'll also be mention of composing work I've been doing, with commissions in 2016 related to the Shakespeare 400th Anniversary events.
Please watch this place!
- Established 1992 after 17 years' full-time teaching.
- Education work by qualified experienced teacher - no agency or employees.
- Heritage work experience across the country: English Heritage, National Trust, V&A, British Museum, Tower of London, many others.
- Radio and TV, including Time Team on More4
- Education work inspected by Ofsted 10 times to date, always positive.
- Previously CRB checked.
- Membership of two professional bodies, both requiring accreditation, both providing public liability insurance cover
- New STORYTELLING SITE : please visit my taleteller.co.uk site for details.
- 2013 - the year we were invited to work in Japan! Find more, and why we aren't, on my Interpretation page!
See About Richard for more.